Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yosemite Waterfalls (or, always bring your cleaning supplies)

Bridalveil Falls 1
Bridalveil Falls 1; Canon 30D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6

Had a long weekend near Yosemite last weekend, and we managed to get a half day in Yosemite. As you can see, it wasn't the best weather; it kept raining and showering throughout the day. However, I did manage to get some very brooding shots of Yosemite, including the one of Bridalveil Falls above.

Unfortunately, that shot meant that I couldn't use my Sigma 10-20mm for the rest of the trip, because the combination of mist and a light shower covered the front element with water droplets (and with an ultra-wide-angle lens you can't hold an umbrella over it - I have another shot of Bridalveil Falls with a red umbrella covering the top right corner!), and I forgot to bring my lens cleaning kit with me for the weekend, not thinking that I'd need it. Well, lesson learned there, but I feel it was worth it. A few more pictures of Yosemite waterfalls below; more to come from Yosemite later this week as well.

Bridalveil Falls 2 Upper Yosemite Falls
Lower Yosemite Falls 1 Lower Yosemite Falls Detail 1 Lower Yosemite Falls Detail 2
Yosemite Waterfalls (Bridalveil, Upper, Lower); Canon 30D, Various lenses (Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 200mm f/2.8)

No comments:

Post a Comment