Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Digital Emulsion

4th & Market Tower #2
4th & Market, San Francisco; Olympus 35RC, Ilford FP4+, Ilford DD-X.

Welcome to Digital Emulsion! This post is intended to be a general description/purpose/mission statement for this blog, and also to tell you a little more about myself.

First, the name. From Wikipedia, an emulsion is "a mixture of two immiscible (unblendable) liquids. One liquid (the dispersed phase) is dispersed in the other (the continuous phase) ... Examples of emulsions include ... the photo-sensitive side of photographic film". Because I intend to discuss both film and digital photography here, the concept of mixing two things seemed appropriate. And because 'emulsion' has traditional photographic associations, 'Digital Emulsion' suggests something traditional as well as digital.

Second, the purpose. This blog is intended for: describing my journey as a photographer; talking about techniques or equipment I find interesting; discussing my photographic processes; relating my attempts to move beyond amateur status; and any other photographic topic that catches my fancy. Look for posts about photos I've taken, photo walks I've done, cameras/lenses/software/etc I'm using, techniques I find interesting or am trying to apply, etc.

Finally, myself. I'm an amateur photographer of just over 6 months, living in San Francisco. I was inspired to start by seeing the many amazing photos posted by people on some forums I read, and bought myself a Canon 30D and started shooting. Recently I've started moving into film photography and classic cameras as well. General photographic interests are: closeups/macro, urban scenes/details, food, landscape.

Enjoy the blog!

Pink Tips
Pink Tips; Canon 30D, EF 50mm f/1.8, Kenko 12mm extension tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment