Friday, July 3, 2009

Overlapping Frame Cyanotypes

Chicago Campus 1 Cyanotype
Chicago Campus 1 Cyanotype (Overlapping Frames); Zeiss Ikon Nettar 518/16, Ilford HP5+, Cyanotype on Cranes Kid Finish

My final plan for the overlapping frame images was to print them as cyanotypes. I felt that the two processes would meld very well; both are analog, not exact, and the wide overlapping frame images would contact print very nicely. I printed the two Chicago images this week, and was very pleased to see that I was right. Both cyanotypes look great, and I think there's a lot of potential here. At some point soon I'll probably set up an Etsy store, and start selling prints of these two on some nicer 5x7 paper. I'm also tentatively thinking about doing a larger series in this style, perhaps 5 images or so. I have a few ideas for the subject, but for now I'm very happy with these two.

Digital negative experiments are ongoing, but so far not great.

Chicago Campus 2 Cyanotype
Chicago Campus 2 Cyanotype (Overlapping Frames); Zeiss Ikon Nettar 518/16, Ilford HP5+, Cyanotype on Cranes Kid Finish

No comments:

Post a Comment